I recently watched a Ted talk by Cobhams Asuquo. He spoke about the gift of blindness.
Here are some of the things I learnt from his Ted talk.
1. Do not excuse failure for any reason on any account.
2. Failure will come the same way it comes; we have to see to it that it goes.
3. Excusing failure by blaming it on a systematic flaw, we miss the opportunity to scale through the seemingly insurmountable obstacles to elevate ourselves and elevate others.
4. Learn to trust even for no reason. Trust has no expiration date.
5. Sight sometimes is a distraction. On your way to your destination what you see can be a big distraction.
6. Learn to be blind not literally in order to be focused.
Click here to watch this Ted talk.
I love Ted talks. Please look out for more Ted talks reviews on my blog.